Notifying the Public of Rights Under Title VI
HORIZONS PROGRAMS INC
· Horizons Programs Inc. operates its program and services without regard to race, color, and national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act. Any person who believes she or he has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a complaint with Horizons.
· For more information on Horizons’ civil rights program, and the procedures to file a complaint, contact 860-456-1032, email firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit our administrative office at 127 Babcock Hill Road, South Windham, CT 06266. For more information, visit www.horizonsct.org.
· A complainant may file a complaint directly with the Federal Transit Administration by filing a complaint with the Office of Civil Rights, Attention: Title VI Program Coordinator, East Building, 5th Floor-TCR, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE, Washington DC 20590 and/or with Connecticut Department of Transportation. Attention: Debra Goss, Title VI Coordinator, 2800 Berlin Turnpike, Newington, Connecticut 06111 or email: Debra.email@example.com
· If information is needed in another language, contact 800-555-1212.
Notificar al Público de los Derechos Bajo Título VI
HORIZONS PROGRAMS INC
· Horizons opera su programa y servicios sin importar raza, color y origen nacional según el título VI de la ley de derechos civiles. Cualquier persona que cree que él o ella ha sido agraviado por cualquier práctica discriminatoria ilegal bajo el título VI puede presentar una queja con Horizons.
· Para obtener más información sobre programa los derechos civiles Horizons y los procedimientos para presentar una queja, póngase en contacto con 860-456-1032, correo electrónico firstname.lastname@example.org; o visite nuestra oficina administrativa en 127 Babcock Hill Road, South Windham, CT 06266. Para obtener más información, visite www.horizonsct.org.
· Un demandante puede presentar una queja directamente con la administración de tránsito Federal por archivar una queja con la oficina de derechos civiles, atención: Title VI Program Coordinator, East Building, 5th Floor-TCR, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE, Washington DC 20590· Connecticut Department of Transportation. Attention: Debra Goss, Title VI Coordinator, 2800 Berlin Turnpike, Newington, Connecticut 06111 or email: Debra.email@example.com
· Si necesita información en otro idioma, Contacta con 800-555-1212.
HORIZONS PROGRAMS INC
Any person who believes she or he has been discriminated against on the basis of race, color, or national origin by Horizons Programs Inc. may file a Title VI complaint by completing and submitting the agency’s Title VI Complaint Form. Horizons Programs Inc. investigates complaints received no more than 180 days after the alleged incident. Horizons Programs Inc. will process complaints that are complete.
Once the complaint is received, Horizons Programs Inc. will review it to determine if our office has jurisdiction. Horizons Programs Inc. has 10 days to notify CT DOT of any compliant. The complainant will receive an acknowledgement letter informing her/him whether the complaint will be investigated by our office within 10 days.
Horizons Programs Inc. has 60 days to investigate the complaint. If more information is needed to resolve the case, Horizons Programs Inc. may contact the complainant. The complainant has 10 business days from the date of the letter to send requested information to the investigator assigned to the case. If the investigator is not contacted by the complainant or does not receive the additional information within 15 business days, Horizons Programs Inc. can administratively close the case.
A case can be administratively closed also if the complainant no longer wishes to pursue their case. After the investigator reviews the complaint, she/he will issue one of two letters to the complainant: a closure letter or a letter of finding (LOF). A closure letter summarizes the allegations and states that there was not a Title VI violation and that the case will be closed. An LOF summarizes the allegations and the interviews regarding the alleged incident, and explains whether any disciplinary action, additional training of the staff member or other action will occur. If the complainant wishes to appeal the decision, she/he has 30 days after the date of the letter or the LOF to do so.
Submit the written complaint to: Simon Wells, SEO Director, Horizons Programs Inc.PO Box 323, South Windham CT 06266 Email Address: Swells@horizonsct.org
A person may also file a complaint directly with The Federal Transit Administration, at FTA Office of Civil Rights, 1200 New Jersey Avenue SE, Washington, DC 20590.
Connecticut Department of Transportation, Attention: Debra Goss, Title VI Coordinator,2800 Berlin Turnpike, Newington, Connecticut 06111 Email: Debra.firstname.lastname@example.org